Thursday, May 11, 2006

C Section artwork

Below is a link to a site made by a mom who had 2 C sections...the last one she is very upset about a realizes her mistake. The artwork on the site is quite graphic yet very powerful....she is able to convey thoughts/feelings that other moms have told me about but I never did "grasp" until I saw these pictures. Click on the first picture to enter the site.
Anyway, not something the kiddies will enjoy...and have your tissues ready.

I cannot help but think of my mom when I see these.....she also had 2 C sections and hated it....especially the 2nd one. I grew up seeing her scar and always saying I never wanted one.....

http://www.cesarean-art.com/

2 comments:

Timberlace Designs said...

Hey there!
I have to be honest, this kind of freaked me out. I know where she's coming from, and I have had a C-section, but... I found most of the images to be quite disturbing...comparable to a horrific crime scene...which I understand, was the intention...
I personally had a C-section, and yes, it was a terrible experience, BUT, I prefer to think of the healthy son that was born that day...It was a beautiful day that scarred me in a beautiful way... I am the woman I am today because of all of that, and believe that God had a plan through all of it. I choose not to view myself the way that these women are portrayed, specifically the one captioned "post-partum", depicting an obviously depressed woman holding a baby, with no joy whatsoever. Although, I do believe that I would have had a better experience if I had not had the c-section, I was not depressed, nor did I feel like ANY of these women.
I truly do understand that some women can relate to these paintings, but I'm afraid that most would just be left feeling disturbed about themselves and as if they have failed as a birthing mother...
I pray that both types of women will be able to find healing for their wounds, physical and emotional, and replace the disturbing feelings with confidence that God works all things for good...(for those that love him, anyway...)
I hope this makes sense and is not offensive in any way.
Just my 5 cents worth... :)

Tiffany said...

I agree. I think she was so upset because the C was totally un-needed and she felt like a failure. I also think it has a lot to do with the relationship with the Lord (or lack of) in how a mom would deal with something like that. Believing that the Lord works everything for good is a different perspective than what many moms might think at that time.